Misaligned conveyor belts have the potential to cause many problems associated with the conveying of bulk materials. This includes material spillage and reduced life to conveyor belting and the conveyor structure.
Ideally a pivoting, self-centralising, belt training system, which rotates freely when the belt experiences mistracking behaviour should be installed. Other options include fixed tracking solutions without rotating structure.
Flexible, All-Direction Belt Tracking
Features flexible 360° rotational capability for correct and optimal conveyor belt tracking. The separate axial and rotational function means the pivot bush can be utilised to achieve a completely free 360° pivot.
The K-Commander® Prime Tracker has been designed with two key stages. The first stage focuses on the inner shell which contains the shaft and an engineered pivoting bush allowing the axial movement of the tracker. The inner shell is protected by a flexible EPDM rubber boot.
The second stage focuses on the roller bearings, which allows the rotational movement of the tracker. Steering of the roller is activated by additional mass and friction to one side of the roller, which drags the roller drum forward and steers the belt back to centre. Results in the field have shown there is no downside to this design compared with a fixed axis design, and it has been found that the rubber coupling is a more reliable unit, due to its simplicity and given it is not affected by contamination like a conventional greased bearing.
In comparison to the conventional single axis pivots that restrict other belt trackers to the one plane of rotation, the K-Commander® Prime Tracker can be installed either above or below the conveyor belt and in reversing applications.
- Thick rubber lagging provides extreme wear resistance.
- Low friction pivot design allows for instant correction of even minor misalignment.
- Tracker pivot design suits both single direction and bi-directional conveyors.
- Cylindrical (non-tapered) design extends service life and leads to uniform wear.
- Adjustable brackets allow for a more adaptive installation.
- Internalised design is suitably protected from dust and sand.
Return Side Conveyor Belt Tracking
The installation of the K-Commander® Control Series is only for the return side, being the most critical surface of the belt in order to maintain belt alignment. The unique engineered action of the central ball and socket link is encased in a rubber covered steel tube. This protects the internal mechanics and ensures that the belt runs true.
The installation of K-Commander® Direct Series Conveyor Belt Tracking Solutions can also assist with correct conveyor belt tracking. These are a “pivoting base style”, available in both trough and return applications automatically providing belt centring. The outboard servo rollers cause the idler frame to pivot as they contact the belt edge and this swivel action causes the belt to realign automatically.
To further aid belt tracking, Kinder offer rubber lagged rollers (trough and return) as an option for your belt tracker. This results in the following:
- Better tracking performance in heavy duty applications.
- Increased roller durability against the constant scuffing nature roller shells in trackers experience.
- Increased belt training response.
The K-Commander® Tracking Discs fits both flat and vee return rollers as well as “some troughing rollers”. Ideally, they are located in pairs prior to the tail pulley to help align the conveyor belt, and so eliminating spillage from mis-tracked belts. They can also be installed after the feed area on troughing sets to help keep the belt aligned.
- Easy installation – split on one side to slip over the roller. No need to remove rollers.
- High wear resistant grade of Polyurethane used.
- No damage to belt edges.
- Can be used on carry side also, (special frame required).
An all-purpose conveyor belt alignment idler ideally suited to short centred or reversing conveyor applications.
The two inverted vee rollers, put pressure down onto the belt, promoting centralised belt training. The universal frame adjusts to all types of mounting structures and is installed just after the head pulley, or prior to the tail pulley.
- Limits belt damage and controls spillage.
- Suitable for reversing belts and easy to install.
- Available for all belt widths.
Kinder’s proprietary designed and engineered K-Commander® Conical Tracker provides a solid and high-performance alternative to traditional side guide activated tracking systems.
The innovation behind K-Commander® Conical Tracker’s “braking” technology is derived from understanding and utilising variations in tangential speed across the roller face to incite this “braking” action. This action drags the tracker forward on the side that the belt is mis-tracking towards.
- Cantilever rubber lagged wing rollers.
- Telescopic base frame to suit a range of mounting hole centre dimensions.
- Suits both reversing and non-reversing applications.
- Suitable for any system where belt lift off is experienced, e.g trippers, as the lack of side guide rollers fails to catch on the lifting belt.
- An active tracking system that continually responds to changes to belt deviation and delivers a better overall response.
- Cantilevered roller adjustment also acts to increase tracking response.