Flexible, All-Direction Conveyor Belt Tracker
Conveyor belt misalignment is the main cause of many conveyor problems, and over time if left unresolved can contribute to reduced productivity, material spillage and irreversible damage to conveyor structures and components.
The K-Commander® Prime Tracker features flexible 360° rotational capability for correct and optimal conveyor belt tracking. The separate axial and rotational function mean the pivot bush can be utilised to achieve a completely free 360° pivot.
The K-Commander® Prime Tracker has been designed with two key stages. The first stage focuses on the inner shell which contains the shaft and an engineered pivoting bush allowing the axial movement of the tracker. The inner shell is protected by a flexible EPDM rubber boot.
The second stage focuses on the roller bearings, which allows the rotational movement of the tracker. Steering of the roller is activated by additional mass and friction to one side of the roller, which drags the roller drum forward and steers the belt back to centre. Results in the field have shown there is no downside to this design compared with a fixed axis design, and it has been found that the rubber coupling is a more reliable unit, due to its simplicity and given it is not affected by contamination like a conventional greased bearing.
In comparison to the conventional single axis pivots that restrict other belt trackers to the one plane of rotation, the K-Commander® Prime Tracker can be installed either above or below the conveyor belt and in reversing applications.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Thick rubber lagging provides extreme wear resistance.
- Low friction pivot design allows for instant correction of even minor misalignment.
- Tracker pivot design suits both single direction and bi-directional conveyors.
- Cylindrical (non-tapered) design extends service life and leads to uniform wear.
- Adjustable brackets allow for a more adaptive installation.
- Internalised design is suitably protected from dust and sand.