K-Conveyor Pulleys are designed and manufactured for maximum service life and fit for purpose application. Manufactured against customer specification or using the latest software to ensure infinite equipment life. Shafts are designed to comply with AS1403.
- Machined or Cast end-discs.
- Full Penetration Welds to the end disc.
- Static and/or dynamic balancing to application or customer requirements.
- Shaft Material K1045 or 4140.
- Key-less connection of shaft to end-disc, selected to transmit the design torque and resist the shaft bending moment.
- Shells made of rolled steel-plate or pipe.
- Pulley shell surfaces available in plain steel, vulcanised rubber (120° diamond shaped pattern) or ceramic tiles.
- Polyurethane and Slide Lagging also available.
- Crowned or flat face options available.
- Stainless Steel options available for corrosive or magnetic applications.
- Welds fully stress relieved and crack tested via Magnetic Particle inspection and Ultrasonic Testing
Engineering Design Review (If required):
- Shaft selection and design.
- Shell selection and design.
- Overhung load analysis.
- Bearing and housing selection.
- Pulley rationalization for spares.
K-Conveyor Spiral, Wing and HD Wing Pulleys
In general, these types of specialised pulleys are made for difficult applications where material build-up occurs on the pulley face causing mistracking and belt damage. Fugitive material is ejected to either side of the pulley via the centre tapered cone.
K-Conveyor Spiral Pulleys are designed to be used for dry and free- flowing materials. The rotation of the pulley engages the self-cleaning action therefore releasing foreign material through and on to the inner tapered cone then to the outside of the conveyor.
K-Conveyor Wing Pulleys can be used for large lump, sharp and sticky materials and are designed to be used in adverse, very abrasive and dirty applications, especially where there is material build-up on a solid conveyor pulley shell.
K-Conveyor HD Wing Pulleys are designed for applications where the standard wing design maybe inadequate for the duty.
Refer to our other Conveyor Pulleys and Lagging Range.
Discover what our Engineers are capable of at Kinder Australia.