Kinder’s Conveyor Belt Tracking Solution, K-Commander® Self Centring Idler is designed to promote correct conveyor belt alignment for single and reversing conveyor belt applications. The unique engineered action of the central ball and socket link, enclosed in the rubber covered steel tube, delivers the belt to run true.
The installation of Kinder Australia’s K-Commander® Self Centring Idler is intended only for the return side, being the most critical strand of the belt in order to maintain belt alignment.
Misaligned or wandering conveyor belts travelling too far either side of the centre, are potentially the cause for many problems associated with the conveying of bulk materials. This includes material spillage and reduced life to conveyor belting and conveyor structure. In order to train the belt and to continue to operate in all conditions the K-Commander® Self Centring Idler is recommended for use with the installation of the K-Self Aligning Idlers – 1 or 2 sets for the return side of the belt approaching the tail pulley, placed at 6 to 9 metre intervals from the pulley.
- Rubber lagging for extreme wear resistance.
- No external pivoting parts or servo rollers.
- Heavy duty construction.
- Adjustable mounting brackets for ease of installation.
- Lagging can be replaced / reconditioned.
- Available in single or reversing models.
- Flexibility to install above or below the belt.
K-Commander® P Series Self Centring Idler – P Series
The K-Commander® P Series Self Centring Idler features flexible 360° rotational capability for correct and optimal conveyor belt tracking. The separate axial and rotational function mean the double axis pivot bush can be utilised to achieve a completely free 360° pivot.
The K-Commander® P Series has been designed with two key stages. The first stage focuses on the inner shell which contains the shaft and an engineered pivoting bush, this allows the axial movement of the tracker. The inner shell is protected by a flexible EPDM rubber boot.
The second stage focuses on the roller bearings, which allows the rotational movement of the tracker. The roller bearings connect the inner shell and the outer shell and are protected by a labyrinth seal.
The added benefits of lagging on the K-Commander® P Series means the lagging can be replaced or reconditioned to extend the wear life of the conveyor belt tracker.
In comparison to the conventional single axis pivots that restrict other belt trackers to the one plane of rotation, the K-Commander® P Series Self Centring Idler can be installed either above or below the conveyor belt and in reversing applications.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Rubber lagging provides extreme wear resistance
- Low friction pivot design allows for instant correction of even minor misalignment.
- Tracker pivot is intrinsically reversible.
- Cylindrical (non tapered) design extends service life and leads to uniform wear.
- Adjustable brackets allow for a more adaptive installation.
- Lagging can be easily replaced / reconditioned.
- Internalised design is heavily protected from dust and sand.