Since 1991 our Asia Pacific cement producer customer leads the way in the supply of general purpose and specialist cements.
- Reduce carry back issues
- Frequent production down-time
- Excessive product wastage and material spillage
- Reduce maintenance clean up costs
The plant previously utilised a H-Type Tungsten segmented belt cleaner with 3 main segments, this belt cleaner was specified in the plant’s original design.
Due to the belts uneven surface, the segmented tungsten tips were unable to contact the belt with even pressure. At times, this led to significant carry back issues, wasted product would drop approximately 1 to 2 metres back from the head pulley. Manual shovelling and vacuuming was required to clear the accumulating fine material spillage ant-hill piles to avoid any potential tripping and safety hazards. Due to the lack of on-site maintenance resources, the cleaning of material spillage would also be outsourced through an external cleaning company, this affected the operations bottom line.
- Exceeded customer’s product performance expectations
- Carry back issues averted
- Material spillage wastage reduced
- Improved on-site productivity and profitability due to reduction in clean-up and costs
Since the installation of the K-Smartscraper®, the Plant Manager can confidently report the K-Smartscraper® has undergone continuous, gruelling 24/7 operation and only after 14 months will the K-Smartscraper® ceramic chips require replacement.