Slide lagging is a quick replaceable lagging system that has been designed to service a wide range of bulk materials handling applications.
This system is specially designed to increase conveyor availability as it is applied directly onto the pulley shell. The slide lagging pads slide into retainers welded into the pulley shell. New pads can be easily replaced without removing the pulley from the conveyor.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Available in rubber and ceramic
- Recommended for all bulk materials handling applications, including mining, quarry, grain and concrete industries.
- Supplied in kits to suit custom pulley diameters and face widths for easy installation.
- Easy installation and quick replacement without removing the pulley.
- High quality steel plates formed at the factory to fit the curved surface for each individual pulley diameter.
- Rust resistant metal retainers permanently welded or bolted to the pulley shell to secure the lagging pads in place.
Retainers with Rubber Pads are optional, not standard and have the benefits of improved belt cleaning, vibration and carry back reduction.
Designed for direct application to the drive pulley, Slide-Lag® can transform any belt system into a high-performance, low-maintenance operation. In addition to providing outstanding increases in the coefficient of friction (traction) between the belt and pulley, Slide-Lag® serves to protect the pulley face and belt cover from damage and provides a self-cleaning action to prevent material build-up on the pulley.
Slide-Lag®’s combination of elastomer compounds and product design features is consistently superior to conventional vulcanized, cold bond or bolted-on pulley laggings. Unique factory bonding system eliminates lagging separation thus making Slide-Lag® ideal for severe service conditions with dual or high horsepower drives or using steel cable conveyor belts.
1. Exclusive elastomer compounding provides a lagging pad with exceptional drive-pulley traction, abuse resistance, and extra long service life. The elastomer retains its integrity under the most severe operating conditions.
2. Factory hot-vulcanization under pressure assures the best possible bond of rubber to backing plate. No lagging failures from loss of adhesion and separation — the most common problems associated with conventional lagging.
3. Steel backing plates are precision formed at the factory to fit the curved surface provided by each individual pulley diameter. Insures proper pad stability and long life.
4. Rust-resistant metal retainers are permanently welded or bolted to the pulley face to securely hold the lagging pads in place. When properly installed, lagging cannot shift or pull free from the effects of impact, trapped material, or belt or product movement.