Elastotec Polyurethane Lagging is used to increase the service life of non-drive pulleys. Polyurethane’s extreme abrasion resistance combined with its low coefﬁcient of friction provide a solution to applications with premature wear when there is a requirement for no risk of damage to the belt cover. Polyurethane is good for applications with carry back problems as it is slippery, resisting material build up. Polyurethane Lagging is specially engineered moulding thermoplastic polyurethane inserts onto a rubber backing layer.
Polyurethane lagging shall be speciﬁed on non-drive pulleys when:
- There’s a requirement for higher abrasion resistance than what achieved with rubber laggings.
- In applications where there’s slippage between the conveyor belt and the lagging surface, such as on bend pulleys and non-drive pulleys on turnover conveyors. Its low coefﬁcient of friction make Polyurethane Lagging kind to the belt bottom cover.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Highly abrasion resistant polyurethane inserts prevent wear on pulley shell and offers positive dirt release and shedding.
- Precision moulded strip with optimum polyurethane properties.
- Supplied in strip form 250mm wide for easy handling.
- Strips packed in plastic ﬁlm to preserve buffed bonding layer ready for application.
- Coloured TPU inserts.
- Low coefﬁcient of friction difﬁcult to stick to, resists build up and is kind to belt cover.
Elastotec Polyurethane Lagging is 250mm wide to ensure easy handling and application. It is supplied in long roll lengths that ﬁt on standard sized pallets to eliminate waste and for cost effective transportation and storage. It can be supplied in thicknesses from 10mm to 20mm.