On a very special night hosted by Australian Bulk Handling Review Magazine last Thursday 22nd August, our very own Sean Kinder, Field Applications Engineer was presented with the prestigious AW Roberts Award in acknowledgement of his outstanding contribution as a young engineer in the bulk materials handling field.
“The award, named in honour of Professor Alan Roberts, was established by the Australian Society for Bulk Solids Handling (ASBSH) to recognise and encourage young engineers to pursue their professional careers and contributions to the further development of bulk solids handling in Australia and globally” (Source: Australian Bulk Handling Awards).
On acceptance of the AW Roberts Award Sean acknowledged Neil and Christine Kinder long-time veterans of the industry since 1985, he also “thanked them for the endless opportunities within the company and industry”. “It’s an industry with plenty of room for growth and innovation, an industry which I love and enjoy every day!”, says Kinder.
Kinder also thanked his colleagues, ‘especially, my Operations Manager, Charles Pratt, who I’ve known for over 15 years and has been a huge mentor for my personal growth and development”. Sean is proud of the many projects he and Kinder Australia have been involved in and the positive outcomes as a result of all the bulk materials handling technological advancements and innovations introduced by Kinder and the industry.
Some of Sean’s career highlights spanning over 9 years in the bulk materials handling industry include:
- Field Applications Engineer at Kinder Australia, daily contact with customers and helping them improve the running efficiency of conveyor and bulk materials handling equipment across a multitude of industries and applications.
- Conducted Conveyor Maintenance & Safety Training on-site, with technical information presented and demonstrated to maintenance teams in and around our mobile demo showroom trailer.
- Worked with the Victorian office of the Construction Material Processors Association (CMPA) as a document officer. The CMPA represents a broad spectrum of those involved in construction material processing businesses engaged in the extracting, processing or otherwise working in hard rock, gravel, sand, cement, clay, lime, soil, gypsum or recycling.
- Presentation of his White Paper titled “Engineered Cast Polyurethane’s Uses in Bulk Materials Handling” at the 12th International Conference on Bulk Materials Storage, Handling and Transportation (ICBMH2016 Conference). This White Paper has been published in numerous bulk materials publications both in Australia and Internationally.
- Young Achiever Award – Melbourne Business Awards (MBA), South-Eastern Region.